I never used be a huge fan of decorating my planner when I used paper. I did use stickers and washi tape but I kept it to the bare minimum. For me, it just wasn’t cost effective spending lots of money on planner accessories and having to re-purchase more the following month. But now that I’ve gone digital, I can experiment with different ways to decorate my planner without it putting a dent in my monthly budget.
One of the questions I get asked a lot is how do I add stickers to my planner? I got you covered. I’ve created a quick and easy guide to show you how to add and use stickers in your digital planner. I’ve even thrown in a FREE digital planner just because it’s Saturday and I’m feeling oh so nice today.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details.
- iPad (or tablet)
- Apple Pencil (optional)
- Goodnotes app
- Digital planner – I create my own which are available in the Etsy Shop. The particular planner that I use is the dated custom colour planner in baby pink. I LOVE it.
- Digital planner stickers
IMPORTING STICKERS TO GOODNOTES
Etsy has hundreds of gorgeous planner stickers that are available for instant download. As digital planners are still relatively new, there isn’t too much choice if you simply search ‘digital planner stickers’. I also use ones that are labelled as printable stickers. You can still use them in the same way.
The ones that I am using in this planner are from an Esty shop called Loveinspiredstudio.
Once you have downloaded the stickers, import them into Goodnotes.
- Click the (+) button as shown in the screenshot and select Image.
- Select the area where you have saved your planner stickers. I have saved mine to Photos.
- Once you have found your stickers, select them and it will import to the page that you’re currently on in Goodnotes.
- Using the blue indicators (circles on the edges of the stickers), resize the stickers to fit the page of your planner.
The dated planners from the PaperScribblesCo shop come with blank tabs to allow you to add your own stickers for easy access. If the planner that you use doesn’t have blank tabs then you can just add directly to the page that you’d like the stickers to be and jump to the next step.
CROPPING YOUR STICKERS
Some digital stickers are pre-cropped, if yours are not then it’s super simple to crop them down.
- Hold on to the image that you have imported until some text buttons appear. Select Edit and the blue indicators will appear.
- Hold on to the image again and once you release, select the Crop option.
- Use the blue indicators to crop the image and press done.
- If you’d like to crop the selected sticker down further then simply repeat the above steps. Cropping the sticker further will give you a zoomed in look so you can crop it accurately (without including the edges of other stickers).
COPY AND PASTE STICKERS
I used to think that it wasn’t possible to copy and paste images in Goodnotes, meaning that every time I wanted to use a sticker I had to import and crop the sheet – SO ANNOYING.
Copying and pasting means that I can make sure that all of my stickers are the same size.
- Using the lasso tool (next to the eraser), draw around the sticker you’d like to use. It doesn’t have to be perfect, just try to avoid others when drawing.
- Once you’ve drawn around the sticker, broken blue lines will appear. Click on your sticker and select Copy.
- Go to the tab you’d like the image to appear on, hold an area of the page and select Paste.
- Move the image into place.
If you’d like to copy and paste this particular sticker again, simply draw around it again and repeat.
YOUR FREE DIGITAL PLANNER
Now for that free digital planner! If you’ve not yet used one then this is the perfect opportunity to see whether going digital works for you. Just download and import into a note taking app such as Goodnotes, Notability, etc.
For dated planners, finance and student digital planner there are a huge selection of custom colored planners available in the PaperScribblesCo shop.
Enjoy your download!